8 In stock
Hard Drives/Solid State Drives
Fill your NAS with WD RedTM, then fill it with awesome.
There's a leading edge WD RedTM drive for every compatible NAS system to help fulfill your data storage needs. With drives up to 10TB, WD RedTM drives offer a wide array of solutions for customers looking to build a NAS storage solution. Built for single-bay to 8-bay NAS systems, WD RedTM drives pack the power to store your precious data in one powerhouse unit. With WD RedTM drives, you're ready for what's next.
Exclusive NASware 3.0
Not just any drive will do. In single-bay to 8-bay NAS systems, WD RedTM drives raise the bar. Get as much as 80TB capacity, and with WD's exclusive NASware 3.0 technology, you can optimize every single one of them. Built into every WD RedTM hard drive, NASware 3.0's advanced technology improves your system's storage performance by increasing compatibility, integration, upgradeability, and reliability.
Built for optimum NAS compatibility
Desktop drives aren't purpose-built for NAS. But WD RedTM drives with NASware technology are. Our exclusive technology takes the guesswork out of selecting a drive. WD RedTM drives are for small NAS systems, and our unique algorithm balances performance and reliability in NAS and RAID environments. Simply put, a WD RedTM drive is one of the most compatible drives available for NAS enclosures. But don't take our word for it. WD RedTM drives are a reflection of extensive NAS partner technology engagement and compatibility-testing resulting in a leading compatibility list for NAS systems.
Desktop drives vs. WD RedTMIn a Network Attached Storage device, a desktop hard drive is not typically designed for NAS environments. Do right by your NAS and choose the drive designed for NAS with an array of features to help preserve your data and maintain optimum performance. Take the following into consideration when choosing a hard drive for your NAS:
- Compatibility: Without being tested for compatibility with your NAS system, optimum performance is not guaranteed.
- Reliability: The always-on environment of a NAS or RAID is a hot one. And desktop drives aren't typically designed and tested under those conditions. WD RedTM drives are.
- Error recovery controls: WD RedTM NAS hard drives are specifically designed with RAID error recovery control to help reduce failures within the NAS system. Desktop drives are not typically designed for RAID environments.
- Noise and Vibration Protection: Designed to operate solo, desktop drives typically offer little or no protection from the noise and vibration present in a multi-drive system. WD RedTM drives are designed for multi-bay NAS systems.
WD Red for Home
Stream, backup, share, and organize your digital content at home with a NAS and WD RedTM drives designed to effortlessly share content with the devices in your home. NASware 3.0 technology increases your drives compatibility with your devices, TV, stereo, and more. Live in a connected world.
Remember, everything you buy at Lotsofstuff.ca is brand new shipped directly from our Canadian warehouses with full manufacturer's warranty. Huge selection, amazing prices and fast shipping. Order your WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive today!
- With 4 TB capacity you have ample space for storing millions of images, hundreds of hours of video or for music lovers, up to a million songs
- Experience rapid processing speed with 256 MB cache buffer
- Have data stored faster with SATA/600 interface that optimizes burst performance
|Manufacturer||Western Digital Corporation|
|Manufacturer Part Number||WD40EFAX|
|Manufacturer Website Address||http://www.wdc.com|
|Product Name||Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive|
|Product Type||Hard Drive||Technical Information|
|Storage Capacity||4 TB||Drive Performance|
|Spindle Speed (rpm)||5400|
|Endurance (TBW)||180 TB||Network & Communication|
|Drive Interface Standard||SATA/600||Physical Characteristics|
|Height||1.03" (26.10 mm)|
|Width||5.79" (147 mm)|
|Depth||4" (101.60 mm)|
|Weight (Approximate)||570 g||Miscellaneous|
|Device Supported||Storage System|
|Limited Warranty||3 Year|
Free Shipping Policy
At Lotsofstuff.ca we know our shoppers want to know their final cost up-front. We agree and that is why every single item available on Lotsofstuff.ca includes free standard ground shipping. You read that correctly. No shipping fees on any item ever. We ship from warehouses located across Canada and our systems will automatically ship from the closest warehouse to your address. We ship using all the major couriers including UPS, Purolator, FedEx and Canada Post. That means even with ground shipping you will often receive your product in under two days - sometimes even the next day. Our only exception to this rule are for residents of the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut. If you want your product even faster we do have an express shipping option available upon checkout. Please note that at this time we only ship to Canadian addressess. No PO Boxes please.
We hope you're thrilled with your new product.
We understand sometimes it just doesn't work out and we are happy to offer amazing customer service throughout the return process.
Terms & Conditions:
- The return process must be initiated within 14 days of receipt.
- Once you receive return instructions the product must be received back within 7 business days.
- If there is an obvious issue with the product you received such as damaged by the shipping company or something else of a defective nature please contact us within two days of receipt. Kindly attach any photos so we can best assist.
- LotsOfStuff.ca fully stands behind our products. You can rest assured we will do everything we can to correct the issue.
- All items must be received back in the condition in which they were sent. If item was sent with a seal (as is the case with most consumer electronics) that seal must remain unbroken.
- Discretionary returns can be sent back to us using a courier of your choice.
- We inspect every return and will process your refund within 2-3 days of receipt.
- As we ship all our products to you for free, we withhold from your return our cost of shipping to you.
If you have any questions about our return procedures or policies please contact us anytime at Contact Us